One you have created your Word Press Blog you now need to manage the initial settings. It is important to use the appropriate settings in order to manage your Word Press blog in a proper manner. Actually it would note an exaggeration to say that one of the vital factors that differentiate a successful full time blogger from an amateur blogging dabbler is the way they manage the settings of their blogs.
Here is the initial Word Press Setting you nee to manage:
Going from default to specific
The first thing you would need to do is to change the default settings of your Word Press with the specific details of blog like URL name, pages etc.
- Log in to your Word Press admin using the login ID and password. Go to Posts> all Posts
- You will see a default Hello World Post. Delete it.
- Pages> All Pages
- Delete Sample Page
- Delete the default comment
How to do Permalink Setting in WordPress
- Settings> Permalink
- http://yurdomain.com/p=123 is the default Permalink for word press.
- Replace it with your Post Name and save it
How to do Time zone Setting in WordPress
- Setting> General
- The time zone should align with you local time zone than will help you in scheduling your posts. >>
Making multiple contributors
- If you are looking for a blog that allows other users to contribute then click on anyone can register the new user default role can be set as Contributor. It will help the people to post on your blog as a guest writer.
- Managing discussion is one of the vital parts while running a blog. So you need to be careful wile managing discussion setting.
- You will see detailed information with provisions for checkboxes. It helps you to allow/restrict various actions as per your requirements.
- One service is opened by word press by default. But it allows you extend the ping list if you want to notify multiple services.
- Setting> writing you will see the provision to adding ore services add as per your need
How to do Image Optimisation in WordPress
For a successful blog the images are simply inevitable. However, for every image you upload, the word press creates a number of sizes for the sae. It makes your blog clumsy by adding unnecessary weight to it. You need to configure proper setting.
- Settings> media and set thumbnail size medium size and large size to 0. Simply put zero in all the boxes requiring numerical input and you are done. Also ensure that there should be a tick mark on organize y uploads into month and year based folders
How to use Google Feeburner in WordPress
Staying connected with your audience is the very first requirement for your bog to be successful. The best way to do is to ensure that they are immediately informed as soon as you update your blog or add a new post. Google Feedburner offers you the strong provision to automatically notify your audience as soon as you update your blog. Here are a few easy steps to follow:
- In your address bar type Google feed burner and login your gal credentials. You will see a page where you can add your blog URL.
- Copy your and paste there. Then click on next
- Now you will be asked to burn blog post.
- You now need to give a name to your feed. To make the matters simple it s best to use the sae name as your blog post.
- Just create a dummy pot and then add the URL to the box
- Now all you have to do is to install a feed burner plug-in to your blog post that is a pretty easy exercise and quite intuitive.
Set up Google Analytics in WordPress
Tracking the traffic of your log will help you o ascertain the progress of your blog and at the same time it will help you to offer a more localized content as per the requirements. The best thing is that it is absolutely hassle free to track the traffic. All you have to do is to set up Google Analytics here is a simple step by step guide:
- Open Google analytics Page and create a free account
- Now you need to get the tracking code as well. Fill in the vital details like website names and URL Industry category and the reporting time zone that is your local time.
- After filling the above details click on get tracking ID
- Go to your word press admin are and click on enter scripts or code you would like to output to wp_footer () paste the code and click on save setting.
Set Up Google Tag Manager in WordPress
Managing different tags of your blog requires much efforts especially if it doesn’t have a central interface. Google Tag manager allows you to bring al the tags on a central platform. Here are a few easy steps for the same:
- Open Google tag manager using your gmail credentials. Then fill in the following details
- Account the company name
- Container the name (to the complete IRL) of the website
- Tags create the tags that allows for easy management like a tag for Google analytics code and another for remarketing on facebook
- Rules-you can define the situations or conditions in which the tags will be executed. It helps you to prevent specific tags from being executed on particular directory pages of the site
- After logging to your word press dashboard click on setting and select writing then scroll down to select update services. Here u can add the entire above ping list.